Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Celebrate Your Day


I'm back with another card based on the "Starry" sketch at The Sketch File. Kathy and I offer weekly inspiration for our current monthly sketch, hoping to inspire some of you to play along and get creative with us.  So today I'm sharing this birthday card.   It's made from bits and pieces that I gathered while cleaning out and organizing my scrap paper stash. I love making cards with scrap pieces because they come together quickly.   You might notice that I moved parts of the sketch around. I ended up placing the oval shape on top of the candles. I guess that's the beauty of the sketches that we share with you. We fully expect you to be creative with them and sometimes that means rotating them, using them on a square card vs a rectangular card, or shrinking, expanding or moving elements of the sketch.  Here are two different versions of the sketch:

If you stop by The Sketch File, you can see Kathy's card as well. It's fabulously creative! Now, it's your turn. Create a scrapbook page, a card or whatever you'd like based on the sketch and post it with us at The Sketch File.

No comments:

Post a Comment