Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Extravaganza Sketch at The Sketch File


Life has been pretty busy around here. My family is packing up for a big move across country and I am training my replacement at work. I am eager and excited for the upcoming move. In anticipation for our big move, I planned ahead and created this card a few weeks ago, knowing that I would be too busy to create something for our weekly sketch challenge at The Sketch File. The sketch that inspired this card was created by Kathy. It's a fun and challenging sketch.  Instead of layering circles, I decided to cut a circle in the card base and then layer clouds and a hot air balloon around the hole. I wanted to give the feeling that the hot air balloon was floating. I also rotated the sketch to give the impression of more height. Right now, I'm wishing all my craft materials were more accessible, because I have other ideas for this sketch floating around in my head. But...they will have to wait until we reach our destination and I've had time to unpack my supplies. In the meantime, I hope to see what other's are creating with Kathy's sketch.  So, what do you think? Are you inspired and ready to create with the sketch? If so, please post your creation with us over at The Sketch File.


1 comment:

  1. Great card Brenda! I LOVE your hot air balloon and it definitely looks like its floating!
    Best of luck with your move!
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete