Sunday, November 2, 2014

Penguin Fun

Doesn't this penguin look like it is having fun?  The penguin is actually a sticker,  (which I rarely use). It was given to me by the woman who owns the local scrapbooking store. She always adds a sticker to the shopping bag when a purchase is made. I usually just add the sticker to a collection that I've accumulated and forget about them, but this weekend I was reorganizing a few things in my studio and it fluttered to the ground as I was moving the sticker container. I knew immediately that I would have to use it for the current challenge at Jingle Belles . Steph and Lauren want us to include creatures in our holiday cards. I figured a penguin ought to do the trick. So I punched a circle, then punched snowflakes in it and added a bit of polyfil snow for the penguin to play in. I tried to adhere the penguin so it would look like it was jumping into the snow. To add a bit more visual interest, I added a strip of cardstock that I cut with decorative scissors and used a snowflake embossed mat.

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, YES, that is one happy penguin... and he has passed his happiness along for sure! such a clever re-use of the perfect sticker, you are always as clever as you are crafty, missus! so pleased you could join the "creature feature" fun at JINGLE BELLES! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like he's dancing in the snow ... what a fabulous little scene ... so glad you joined our Creature Feature at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete