Tuesday, May 13, 2014

OVAL LAYERS

Kathy has launched the new May Sketch at The Sketch File. It's a beauty and one I hope you will enjoy using it as much as I did. This time we're playing with oval layers.

Honestly, I really wanted to just recreate her sketch with the lovely hearts at the base. It's so, so appealing! Instead I went with a floral theme and decided to keep my color palette simple, using only three colors (red, white and green). I layered a white scallop edged oval and two red ovals over a white floral embossed mat and adhered them to red cardbase. To add bit more texture, I embossed the top, red, oval layer with small dots. The flowers at the base of the ovals are the same floral images that I used on the white embossed mat. I embossed the floral images on red and white cardstock and cut around each flower, layering the red over the white. Since my images are flowers, I used leaves instead of swirls, adding an embossed line down the center of each and folding them slightly to add a bit of dimension.

So, are you inspired and ready to be creative? I hope you will take a few minutes to play with the sketch then link up your creation with us. See you at The Sketch File!

No comments:

Post a Comment