Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Rectangles Everywhere

Happy April Fool's Day...no jokes here. I'm just incredibly pleased to share the latest sketch from the The Sketch File. We have a brand new sketch that Kathy has created and it is full of rectangles. I found it so easy to work with and so inspiring. I was eager to try it with a layout instead of a card. I kept my layout pretty simple. After layering all the papers, I didn't feel the need for many embellishments. I think the layers draw attention to the photo and I didn't want to cause distraction with too many embellishments. Of course, I had to add a bit of detail, so I dry embossed some of the layers as well as the title. I think the embossing helps the title pop. The sketch really lends itself to lots of creativity. For example, if you rotate it, it has an entirely different feel. I hope you will be inspired as well. Please take a moment to stop by The Sketch File to see the beautiful card Kathy has posted. You will be mesmerized by her choice of colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment