Friday, February 14, 2014

Going RED


The talented ladies at Jingle Belles are GOING RED with the newest challenge. Lauren and Steph want us to use predominately red our our creations.  Don't you just love it!  It's kind of crazy just how many shades of red I found in my scrap piece collection. I started with the red and white tag which was a left over from a previous project. I wrapped the tag with red embroidery thread, then handcut the letters for HO, HO, HO. After I cut out the letters and matted them on white they looked a bit flat so I added some red and white dots. I think this perked the letters up a bit, but they were still missing something, so I added the red embroidery thread bows. I layered the tag on a brick embossed background, highlighted the bricks with dark red ink and used white cardstock to mat all the layers.  Thanks for the challenge Lauren & Steph!

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Cardstock: Bazzill and lots of scrap pieces, Darice Embossing Folder, DMC Embroidery Thread, Studio G Ink, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, Scotch ATG

2 comments:

  1. it's funny you mention finding SO MUCH RED--in so many shades-- in your xmas stash, b/c the same thing happened to me; i'm not aware of seeking out LOTS of red, but clearly i have done so for a number of years judging by the choices i had this week!!! you have, of course, made brilliant use of all the lovely bits and bobs you have found to produce yet another GORGEOUS holiday card! always so much fun to see what you will make when you come to JINGLE BELLES! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too found tons of red ... and the prompt made me think differently about my designs (which I love) ... the glittery letters are the real star of the show, but I also love the contrast of the white dots and textured background ... such a festive holiday card ... so glad you went *RED* with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete