Wednesday, September 18, 2013

One More Christmas Card!

One more Christmas card for my growing pile of holiday cards! Thanks to the wonderful sketch at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this card came together quickly. Right away, I decided to rotate the sketch.  I started by cutting an oval in the patterned paper, then punched the boughs for the tree. I layered the boughs over a trunk cut from brown cardstock that I inked. I added pearls and a star then finished the card with the decorative border strip, which also included a stitched strip in the center.



Supplies: Recollections Cardbase, Fancy Pants Saint Nick Patterned Paper, Lifestyle Crafts Border Die, Janome Sewing machine, Martha Stewart Bough Punch, Queen & Co. Pearls, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, Scotch ATG

3 comments:

  1. Brenda - this is a lovely take on our sketch challnge - which was actually last week!! Thanks for playing anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great take on our sketch from a few weeks ago! LOVE the great tree! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brenda - you did a great job with the sketch. I love all your extra details. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete