Sunday, August 11, 2013

Back to School

This card came together after I saw the current FUSION CARD CHALLENGE. The FUSION challenges leave plenty of room for creative interpretation. The challenge is to use just the sketch, just the photo or both to create a card.  When I first saw the challenge, I knew immediately that I wanted to create a back to school card with a stack of books, chalkboard and pencils. I used BOTH the sketch and photo for inspiration. I was inspired by the fabulous chalkboard image and the stack of books in the photo. The sketch provided the perfect layout for the books and pencils.  With the exception of the "ruler", which is decorative tape, all the embellishments are handmade. I had a blast creating the small books, pencils and apple. My chalkboard is a piece of DCWV cardstock with white colored pencil lettering.


Supplies:   Cardbase: Recollections, Cardstock: Kraft: Recollections, Black: DCWV, Green Cardstock: Bazzill, Blue Cardstock: Fox River Paper Co, Yellow & Red Cardstock: DCWV, Crayola Colored Pencils, Sakura White Gel Pen, Scotch ATG & Scotch Quick Dry Adhesives, Darice Decorative Tape

4 comments:

  1. Brenda, I love your back to school card. The chalk board is absolutely adorable! Love the stack of books. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the fusion challenge ... the teacher theme is perfect with the blackboard.

    ReplyDelete