Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Stuffed Stocking

Texture was my goal for creating this stocking card. I began by cutting a funky looking stocking from cardstock. (The shape sort of looks like it might belong to the Grinch). Then I used Washi tape to cover it so that it looked like it was striped. I created the cuff by adhering polyfil to the top of the stocking. I attached the stocking to a piece of white "brick" embossed cardstock. I also used embroidery thread to stitch around the stocking, which really made it pop. I added red and white polka dot Washi tape to make a frame along the outside edges of the white cardstock, then adhered it to a cardbase that I trimmed with green Washi tape. To finish the card,  I cut out several small gifts and stuffed them into the stocking.

I am linking this card up for two challenges: The Paper Players (for Ann's theme challenge: Christmas in July) and Christmas Card Challenges (stocking challenge)....AND....just for the fun of it, I'll link this card up at The Old Back Porch where crafters share their current projects to inspire others.

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Cardstock: Recollections, Embossing Folder: Darice, DMC Embroidery thread, Decorative Tape: Darice, My Mind's Eye, Polyfil, Adhesive: Scotch ATG

6 comments:

  1. Another fun Stocking card! Great idea with the washi tape! Thank you for joining in on the fun at Christmas Card Challenge #32. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Too cute. I really love the stocking shape and agree, it does look like a grinch stocking LOL. So glad you played along at Christmas Card Challenges this week. I hope you join again next week.--Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! The washi tape and polyfill decoration are perfect! Love the shape of the stocking and the embossed brick background. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is such a fun, funky card! Your elements all add up to one cool card! And you have way more patience than I do, to stitched around that stocking So glad you shared this with us, as well as your other card, at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Washi tape on that fabulous stocking and those fabulous little presents on the top. Gorgeous card. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of the details, the stitching, the fluff, - everything!
    Thanks for joining us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete