Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Stitched Medallion

YIKES! It's the end of JULY!!!  I am in a panic here...where did July go? Why do these summer months fly by so quickly? It's true I've been busy hiking, biking, traveling, crafting and playing, but still it can't be the end of JULY!  The good news is that there is still time to play along with us at the The Sketch File. Kathy's got a great sketch for you. She actually has a second version posted just in case you aren't inspired by this one.

For my card, I used the patterned paper as a focal point, punching around a portion of it with a circle punch and stitching along the edge to create a medallion. Then I used embossing folders to create texture for the remaining layers.

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Patterned Paper: Colorbok, Cardstock: DCWV, Embossing Folders: Darice, Ribbon: Offray, Embroidery thread: DMC, Adhesive: Scotch ATG

No comments:

Post a Comment