Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Is this WEIRD or WHAT?


love the texture and colors of the yarn
This has to be the strangest card I've ever created! It all started when I visited Lauren Bergold's Blog. She has created an incredible card with the "weirdest supply" she ever purchased. It's all part of the current challenge over at Shopping Our Stash.  We're suppose to fess up and use one of those strange products that we purchased because we just had to have it. Well as you can see
The Red and Blue Skeins of 
Funky Yarn that I JUST 
HAD TO HAVE!
from my photos I JUST HAD TO HAVE this strange yarn. The truth is, I had to have not one, but TWO Skeins of this it (red and bluish). I loved the colors and textures of each and just knew I would use it. Well, it's been sitting in my stash for quite sometime...years in fact. So today I put it to use creating the peacock feathers for my rather strange looking peacock. I started by cutting a white piece of cardstock into a fan like shape using decorative scissors. Next I wrapped the fan with the funky yarn adhering it on the back. To create the peacock body, I hand cut the shape from white cardstock while looking at an image of a peacock on the internet. Next I used ink, colored pencils and a marker to add the detail.  I used dimensional adhesive behind the body and matted the peacock on black cardstock. So what's your strangest or weirdest craft purchase? Are you ready to use it? I hope I see it over at Shopping Our Stash!

Supplies: Cardbase & Cardstock: Recollections, Yarn (purchased at a $ Store), Studio G Ink, Crayola Colored Pencils, American Crafts Galaxy Marker, Scotch Advanced Tape Glider, Elmer's Glue Spots

3 comments:

  1. Brenda, this is such a unique concept. Very nicely executed! Thanks for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, it's definitely unique... which, in my book, makes it "weird" in the best possible way! brilliant use of that eyelash yarn, it's PERFECT for peacock feathers, and i love how much texture and dimension it gives this awesome & beautiful card!!! (ooooh! i've just though! it probably has MOVEMENT in real life too... the little strands must waft around some... EVEN COOLER!!!!) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! I love it! The colors are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete