Friday, May 10, 2013

Penguin Wishes


The current card challenge over at Winter Wonderland is all about penguins. So, I created a series of handmade penguins from black and white cardstock, then dressed them with handmade hats and bows. My bows all came out slightly different, as they are tiny and difficult to cut. For the faces, I used a marker and then cut tiny orange beaks from orange cardstock.  I used a "sun" punch and altered it to create the feet. The snow that the penguins stand in was created by tearing white cardstock and adhering it in layers. For the cardbase, I used a fold that I recently saw Darlene at Darlene Design use (thanks for the inspiration, Darlene).

I will also linking this card up over at the  Old Back Porch where many crafters link up just to share their current creations. It's a great place to get a lot of inspiration.

I hope you enjoyed your visit today and will visit often. Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:
Cardstock: MME, Scraps of cardstock: black, white, red, orange, Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Scotch Quick Dry, Hats: Acrylic Paint: Master's Touch, Punch: EK Success

3 comments:

  1. great card and love your choice of penguins, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - what a wonderful penguin landscape! Absolutely adorable! And that glittered leaves card base is beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is a brilliant design... love how it unfolds and the penguins are sooo cute
    Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete