Saturday, April 6, 2013

Earthy Toned Chevrons & Flowers

SK174 US205
When I saw the sketch at Unscripted Sketches I knew it was time to use the chevron patterned paper from Fancy Pants Designs. I love the soft, earthy tones in the chevrons. I began by trimming the top and bottom edges on a strip of chevrons so that the edges would be pointed and the pattern would be more prominent. Then I paired the strip with flowers that are shades of brown. I punched two of each flower, layered them together and added a gray center. Next, I hand-cut stems and leaves and adhered them in a clump to resemble a bouquet and finished with a bow. I used dimensional adhesive behind three of the flowers.

Supplies:
Cardbase: Kraft ?, Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants Designs: Chevron, Other: ? from my stash of scrap pieces, Punches: McGill, Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares, Scotch ATG

4 comments:

  1. I love your take on this weeks sketch and love the colours that you have chosen. By cutting out the pattern paper you have made the chevron stand out nicely. Those flowers are such a nice touch to this card. Thank you for sharing your take on this weeks sketch at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GASP...and GASP yet again! I am lovin' this color combo!!! You have co-ordinated the elements perfectly with the patterned paper. Cuttint the chevrons out as you did really does emphasize the design. The flowers are stunning in these colors. Thanks for sharing your talent and creativity with us this week at Unscripted Sketches :)

    Don't forget that next week is Unscripted Sketches 4th Blog-versary and there might just be some extra little surprises...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin' those earthy tones ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the earthy tones mixed with flowers and chevrons! A great card!

    Thank you for joining us at Unsripted Sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete