Saturday, March 16, 2013

Neutral Noel Card 2

This is my second post today as well as my second card for the Neutral Noel challenge at Jingle Belles. The challenge was to use only neutral colors to create a holiday card. I used black, gold, cream, and tan.  This card held a real challenge for me because I normally do not do "collage" type cards. I usually end up with something I am not happy with, but this time I liked the result. I think it's because the colors are neutral. I began by using scrap pieces of patterned paper that had tan images or text. I randomly adhered them to a cream colored tag along with some black netting from a vegetable bag. I punched a hole in the top center of the tag and added black and gold threads. I added a smaller metal tree brad and a gold and black star.  I created a small envelope that I also layered with patterned papers in a collage fashion. Around the center of the envelope, I added a metal tree brad and slipped a piece of black cardstock through the center of it. For the mat, I stamped Jingle all the Way with a Versamark and added a gold embossing powder. I adhered the tag/envelope to the mat and adhered this to a cream colored cardbase that I trimmed with decorative scissors. The funny thing is, when I saw the description for the "neutral only" challenge at Jingle Belles, I wasn't so sure I could make a holiday card with neutral colors. I surprised myself my creating two cards with these colors!

Supplies: Cardbase: Bazzill, Cardstock: Recollections, Bazzill, Echo Park, Patterned Paper: Paper Wishes, Stamp: Stampin' Up, Versamark: Tsukineko, Embossing Powder: Shimmerz Enamelz: Gold Digger, Brads: Oriental Trading, Decorative scissors, Netting: Veggie Bag, Black String, Gold Trim,  Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Scotch Quick Dry.

4 comments:

  1. Woot woot to you for embracing the neutral ... I really love the little touch of veggie bag ... it adds great texture ... and you get great coherence to your design with the touches of gold throughout ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those postage stamp edges, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, another fab card! I love all the texture and layers you have added here:) Thank you so much for playing my prompt at Jingle Belles, AGAIN! ;) Have a wonderful day:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aha! i love to hear that, in any challenge, someone (even if it's only ME, lol) saying, "i wasn't sure i could even do this" and then the end result is something unexpectedly WONDERFUL! in this case TWO lovely cards, which... i have to say... *I* am not surprised that you came up with multiple AWESOME versions b/c let's face it, that's ♥WHAT YOU DO♥!!! but i am very happy that you had an unexpectedly pleasing and fun time doing it!!! :) (ps: i LOVE the torn collage of paper on this one, especially... and the NETTING!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete