Friday, March 29, 2013

Merry & Bright with Bling

This tree says it all...BLING!. I'm blinging with Jingle Belles today. The challenge is to "create a holiday card which incorporates bling, glitter, glitz, gems, shimmer, or anything sparkly!" Don't you just love that! The first thing I thought of was my growing collection of gems. I started by adhering blue and white gems to a green tag in the shape of a tree. Then I topped the tree with star shaped gem. Next I mounted the green tag on a piece of crimped chiffon/cream cardstock (yeah, I know it looks whitish, but trust me it's definitely Chiffon). I then used embroidery thread to stitch around the outer edges of the tag with a blanket stitch. The background paper was easy to create. I used my computer and MS Word. I simply repeated the phrase  "May Your Days Be Merry & Bright" across the page using WordArt and a green font. Before adhering the tag and background panel to a green cardbase, I wrapped the background panel with green embroidery thread. I used the same green embroidery thread to create a bow and added it to the top of the tag. Inside the card, I included a piece of Chiffon cardstock to use as a writing space.

Supplies: Cardbase/cardstock: Bazzill, Embroidery Thread: DMC ,Gems: Studio G, Needle, Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Crimper: Marvy Ucida

4 comments:

  1. Love that bling, Brenda - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/03/52-card-pickup-213.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love your blingy tree ... what a clever way to make those gems really *shine* ... awesome stitching too ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥MERRY & BRIGHT♥ are definitely the right words for this gorgeous creation! i looooooove the gems o'course, but my fave part is that fabulous stitching, i always somehow FORGET about blanket stitch, but it's perfect to really accent the edges of somthing, and you are a genius to have known that!!! love it, missus! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo, I love the bling tree! How delightful is that? And I really like the mix of colours here. The embroidery is a wonderful touch. Thanks for joining in on my prompt over at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete