Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Challenge #1 at Muse Card Club

I was inspired to make this card after seeing the card challenge at Muse Card Club. Amy Kolling designed a beautiful card for us to use as inspiration. Our challenge is to create a card based on any or all of the elements of her card. I loved her layered flower so I started by creating a yellow flower. I used a leaf punch to create the petals and bent them slightly to give them dimension. My flower petals were created with a leaf punch. I used a spotted/textured cardstock that I sanded so the dots would pop. Amy and I both used green leaves, but I added a few more and also inked around the flower and the leaves. I didn't use any embossing, instead I drew the leaf lines in with a colored pencil.  I printed my sentiment on a square panel but did not dry emboss the panel. Instead I cut it out and poked holes around the outer edges with a needle. I was also inspired to use a striped patterned paper. My stripes are vertical and Amy's are diagonal. Finally, the layout on both cards is also quite similar. Thanks for the inspiration, Amy....I am looking forward to more challenges at Muse.
Supplies:
Cardbase: Paper Studios
Amy Kolling's card
Patterned Cardstock:   EP: This & That (striped), Core'dination's:  yellow spotted, Happy Colors Collection, DCWV(green), white: scrap piece
MS WORD: Font: Pristina
Punches: McGill (leaf), EK Success (circle)
Ink: Studio G
Colored pencil: Crayola
Needle
Adhesive: Scotch Quick Dry, Scotch ATG


10 comments:

  1. Love that striped background, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a superb job with the CASE, this card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! You did a wonderful job on this challenge! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, I love the clean look of it, the flower really pops out as the focal point, and love those stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super explanation about what your inspiration was. Very pretty card Brenda. the flower is so bright and sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the paper pierceing detail. Great job with the Muse challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so welcome!! :) I appreciate reading all that inspired you to make your card. The striped paper works so well with your flower! Thanks for playing along with Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. I am loving your work! Love your flower and the bright colors of this beauty!

    ReplyDelete