Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sunset


This is my latest post for Kathy's Waffle Sketch File. I'm a new member of the design team there. Have you stopped by yet?  If not, I encourage you to do so. A new sketch goes up on the first Tuesday of the month and  new projects are added as the month progresses.The challenges are "anything goes" so the possibilities are endless. My layout is based on the November sketch.

About the Layout:
Sunsets are pretty amazing at my house but I don't always get a photo. Fortunately, I was able to snap a few photos of this one.  This was a fun layout to create. I started by cutting my photo into fourths and mounting it on black cardstock. Then I layered it on the bottom of a piece of light green cardstock.  (The green cardstock looks white in my photo. I just couldn't get a decent photo of it.)  I mounted the second photo of black cardstock and adhered it to the top of the green panel. For the background,  I chalked in some clouds on a piece of black cardstock. Next I cut the orange strip with decorative scissors, added a ribbon and strip of black cardstock and adhered the green panel and this strip to the background.  I adhered tiny circles around the edges of the green cardstock as well. For the title, I hand cut the letters and adhered them above the top photo. I added vertical strips of the orange patterned paper and a few brads to the lower right hand portion of the green cardstock and finished by adding a journaling tag and ribbon.

Supplies: Cardstock: Paper Recollections, Patterned paper...sorry don't know the source, Ribbon: Offray, Die cut tag: Fiskars Fuse, Brads: Making Memories, Chalk: Craft T Products, Adhesive: Scotch Advanced Tape Glider

No comments:

Post a Comment