Thursday, November 8, 2012

For a Friend

I made this card for a friend's birthday. Admittedly, I have a rather large assortment of homemade cards, but as I looked through all of them, I couldn't find one that I thought was just right for her.   Instead, I created this card. I knew she would like the colors and the flowers. Do you do this?  Do you have a stash of homemade cards to choose from, yet you create a new one instead?  

Since I used orange flowers and an orange ribbon, I decided to submit this card for the ORANGE challenge over at Casology.


Supplies:
Card base: DCWV
Ribbon: OT Sheer
Die Cut: Fiskars Fuse
Colored Pencil: Crayola
Pigment Ink: Page Craft Amber
Flower Punch: EK Success
Handheld flower punch (?)
Adhesive: Scotch ATG

5 comments:

  1. Such fun images. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best part of being a cardmaker is being able to make a card that is perfect for the recipient (despite the SHOEBOXES FULL of cards we already have! lol!) This is pretty and cheerful and sure to make your friend's day! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely card... the flowers are so bright and cheerful!! thanks for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My stash of cards is something to be embarrassed about, I have too many! I oftentimes forget about a card that would work or it is easier to make one than go search for one. Your card is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card! I love those delicate, happy-looking flowers and that bright orange bow is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete