Sunday, October 28, 2012

Acorn Thanksgiving

This card is based on the sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches. I tried a new technique for this card. I used craft foam, heated it with a heat tool and then stamped the acorns into the warmed foam. When it was cool, I fussy cut around them and added highlights and detail with paint. I adhered the acorns to a vanilla circle matted with a chocolate circle that I had punched holes in and stitched around with embroidery thread.  I dry embossed the leaves, fussy cut around them, added details with a green colored pencil and then adhered then next to the acorns.  I adhered the two circles to the text and patterned paper base. The text background paper was created with vanilla cardstock and  an MS Word document.  I also printed the sentiment with MS Word.



Supplies:
Cardbase: Paper Studio
Cardstock: Authentique Freebird: Comfort & Familar, Core'dinations Pure Chocolate, Core'dinations Vanilla Cream
Punches: Ek Success 2 3/4" circle, 1/4" circle punch
Stamps: Michael's Bountiful Harvest (acorns)
Leaves: Fiskars Shape Boss Vines
Colored Pencil: Foohy
Embroidery thread: DMC
Needle: Singer
Text: MS Word (random text)
Paint: Liquitex
Craft foam (brown)
Ink: Studio G

3 comments:

  1. Such a cool way to use the sketch. Love the stitching! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stitching around the circles and those acorns are really fun. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, those acorns are amazing. Thanks for explaining what you did, because I thought they came from a store!

    ReplyDelete