Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Down on the Farm

PPA141 Sketch ChallengeI made this card with images that I received from the The Wax Fruit Company.  I started with the image of the chickens and the wheelbarrow. I am really not into the coloring thing, but I figured I've give it a try. When I had colored it with markers and colored pencils, I set it aside unsure of what I was going to do with it.  Then I came across a sketch at Pals Paper Arts.  I immediately thought about the barn. So I hand cut a barn from red cardstock,  added  the trim cut from white cardstock and a black cardstock roof. I then separated the barn into four sections and adhered it to a white cardbase that I had chalked in with clouds and dirt.  In the upper part of the barn I adhered raffia to make it look like the loft had straw.  I also used paper tearing to create the fences and added highlight and detail with colored pencils (sorry, you can't see this in the photo)and finished with my hand cut letters: Ee-I-Ee-I-O.  The funny thing is that I had just finished my card when my son walked in.  He looked at the card and said it reminded him of the poem "The Red Wheelbarrow".  When I said  I didn't know it, he googled it.  It goes like this:

                                                                 The Red Wheelbarrow

                                                  by William Carlos Williams

                                so much depends
                                upon

                                a red wheel
                                barrow


                                glazed with rain
                                water


                               beside the white
                               chickens.

I wish my son had come by before I had adhered the letters, because I think the poem would be awesome inside.....oh well, maybe on another card.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...this is over-the-top cute! Thank you for sharing it at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete