Monday, August 6, 2012

Button Tree

Inspiration comes from so many things around me.  Today I was cleaning off a table in my scrapbooking room and came across this pile of buttons.  I had obviously set them aside for something, but I don't know why.  As I was sorting them into the container that houses my buttons, my son came in and was eating a crap apple (Yuck...definitely not my idea of a snack).  Anyway, that was all I needed to get me started on this card. Using Coredinations' Pure Chocolate cardstock  I cup a very simplified tree and then added some shading with a colored pencil.  I attached the buttons with Elmers Glue Dots and stamped grass with a Stampin' Up Inspired by Nature stamp.  The overall design is based on a sketch that appeared on the I Spy Sketches blog at the end of July. The mat on the card is also Coredinations' cardstock. This was such a fun card to create. I love it when an idea pops into my head like it did today.  Usually this happens to me in the middle of the night and I don't always get a chance to act upon it.
Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment