Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunflower with a Button

Close up of embossing and that beautiful button.

This is my third and last card for the sketch challenge at I Spy Sketches and my second card for the button challenge at Young Crafter's Unite. I cut a strip of green cardstock and embossed it with a Fiskars Embossing plate and stylus. Next I punched the sunflower with an EK Success punch and adhered a piece of yellow cardstock behind it. I found this beautiful button to add to the center of the flower which I adhered with Elmer's Craft Bond glue spots.  I cut the stem and leaves from the green cardstock, added a piece of scrap white behind it and colored in the stem with colored pencils. This added depth. I finished the strip with a piece of raffia and adhered the strip to the card base.  On the outside edges of the card, I used a green marker to add a border. I had fun with both the sketch and the button challenge....thanks for the inspiration!

1 comment: