Sunday, July 29, 2012

Hiking Boot Card

Summeryshapes....that's the challenge at Paper Crafts Connection.  One of the summer activities that my family likes is hiking.  We have such wonderful trails near us, we try to take advantage of them.  So I created this hiking boot card as my summery shape. I hand cut the boot on Kraft cardstock, used Fiber Scraps Easy Walnut ink to distress it and added leather heals, uppers and toe reenforcements from Coredination's Pure Chocolate cardstock.  I punched holes and added green eyelets then treaded the wholes with brown string. I repeated the same steps on inside of the card so that I would have TWO boots. I also added a black cardstock heal and sole. Inside I attached a trail map to the back of the front cover.  The pine trees are hand cut,inked and adhered with dimensional adhesives.
This photo shows the boot with the shoe strings tied and it also shows more color on the attached trail map.

No comments:

Post a Comment