Sunday, May 6, 2012

Challenges for NSD: Big Picture Classes

Yesterday I participated in my first National Scrapbook Day. It was an incredible experience.  I visited a number of blogs that were doing challenges and spent most of my day at Big Picture Classes and Scrapbook Cards Today.  I learned so much and had so much fun.  It is an experience I hope to repeat.  I decided to submit some of the projects I made to the various challenges.  The first projects are for Big Picture Classes.

Challenge 1:  Create a Fanciful Frame
My layout has a metal embossed frame.  I used copper, silver and gold embossing metal.  I included a place for hidden journaling and added embossed metal to the top of the tag. I pulled up the journaling tag so that it could be seen slightly. The mat behind the title and sub titles is actually foil paper. There are threes sets metal embellishments (maple leaf sequins) that don't show up very clearly.  

Challenge 3: Use Reflection, literally or figuratively 
In this layout, I reflect upon life with polio.  The journaling is hidden in the pocket on the bottom right.  There is a flower shaped mirror (to add another type of reflection) in the center of the Me and My Shadow arc.  I took the photo of my legs as I was coming down the stairs.  The sun was behind me and the shadow of my legs was on the floor below. 
Challenge 4: Use a Twine Technique

I was eager to do this challenge although I didn't have any actual twine. Instead I used Twistel and embroidery thread.  I used orange and red Twistel and twisted them together to create the center of the flower.  The petals were made from orange Twistel.  I used two shades of green embroidery thread to create the leaves and stems.

         Challenge 6: Use this Sketch

The Permanent Bubbles layout is my last project for the Big Picture Class challenges. This challenge involved using a sketch, which I followed pretty closely.  I added the tags on the left so that I could include the bubble recipe and add additional journaling.

There are still a number of challenges left.   I hope to do a few more but I won't be submitting them to Big Picture Classes.  I've already started working on a few challenges for Scrapbook Cards Today.  

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful layouts and card, Brenda! The flower with twines is a lovely element for the card! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete